Saturday, July 30, 2005

Haven’t written for a while, it has been a hectic week
in my social life (which doesn’t happen very often).
Last Friday 22nd I was at Sheila Morrison’s with a few
of the other female runners having a bit of a
gathering. The Pimms was going down well! Sheila is
going to Nepal on a trek in September and she had a
couple of her old running friends up, to practice
walking for the weekend. By Sunday I was expecting
her to be knackered after spending 3 days walking, and
for our evening run Sheila did say she only wanted to
run 5 or 6 miles. Once we got started we ended up
doing about 8 miles and Sheila was still trotting off
in front of me. (Although I had been out on the town
on the Saturday night as well, which is my excuse!!!)

Monday 25th was my monthly massage man session and
unfortunately I had a few bits out of place. I had
started suffering hip pain the previous Thursday at
interval training and this was due to my lower back
slipping out a bit. Very interesting session,
although not what you would call relaxing in the
slightest!

Tuesday 26th at club night we went up round Spott and
then up Daniel’s Brae and back to the club. Somewhere
about 7.5miles to 8 miles – quality miles though due
to all those hills!

Wednesday I went out with my work colleagues, spent
Thursday waiting for home time (more so than usual
anyway) and went straight along to interval training.
Such is my dedication to Ian’s painful sessions. Not
too bad tonight – 4x100m then a 1 mile time trial. I
will watch if my time gets any better (aiming for
improvement like Clarissa’s) and if not…..will need to
think up that punishment for Ian Rowland – definitely
not going to let him choose it!

After intervals on Thursday a few of us went on to go
out for a meal in Dunbar. Great fun, lots of running
chat going on and the martini was flowing.
Unfortunately the red wine was also flowing for Sheila
Morrison, and for some reason she decided to Parmesan
my handbag. Boy, will she regret that move….

Friday night I went out with my study buddies from the
CIPD (HR thing) course that I’ve just completed. It
was great, though hopefully haven’t overdone it before
the Musselburgh race today! Bit worried about that
race – I got my race number and I was only number 44.
I’m hoping that a lot of people will enter on the day;
otherwise I have a fear that I’m gonna be right at the
back of the pack!!

This week we’ve also been trying out one of the
Runner’s World beginner’s programmes as Brian decided
he was going to run a 10k. So now his next session is
15 min runs with 3 mins walk, repeated 3 times.
Worryingly I think he already runs as fast as me. So
not fair!!! It took me 10 weeks to be able to run for
15 minutes and he can do it after a week. He is a bit
more of a natural runner build though. Will need to
measure his fingers too….

Nice to hear about Val and her impending run in Oz –
let us know how you go Val. I will need to go and
conserve my energy for the Musselburgh 6 mile race!


___________________________________________________________
How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday
snaps for FREE with Yahoo! Photos http://uk.photos.yahoo.com


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?