Sunday, July 31, 2005

Quick update after Musselburgh – won’t take long!!!
Suffered with a terrible pain in my right side after
mile one, like a stitch but more muscular? Need to
figure out what it was so I can stop it from happening
ever again. It was sooooo bad I had to stop at about
one and a half miles, doubled over to try to get rid
of the pain. I don’t think I was stopped for long,
but it feels like forever when you are being overtaken
but lots of others. Must say very nice of the other
runners who asked after me as I was doubled over.
Started off again at a slower pace and grabbed my side
until about mile 3 when the pain had eased slightly
and I could start pushing the pace a bit more. As Ian
Rowland said (as well as saying that I was not to
quote him); a lot of running is about being able to
ignore the pain. Did the 6 miles in about 53 minutes
which wasn’t bad, but I was disappointed because of
the stop/slower pace. I am glad that I kept going
though.

I guess I will search the injury clinics in Runner’s
world on line to see if anyone has suffered anything
similar in the past and how to avoid any reoccurrence.
Any ideas then please let me know.

Also forgot to mention my shopping foray last week – I
stayed in town on the Saturday night so thought what
better way to start the week that with a trip to
Footworks to find some running apparel. Got a couple
of very nice, trendy and functional tops. Also
figured out where the new running shop, Run-4-It, is
going to be on Lothian Road. Very useful to know for
weekends when I am in town as I can’t get to running
shops during the week. This diary seems to show that
I buy new running stuff every other week, but honestly
it’s been a long time since I bought any new tops for
running. My running wardrobe didn’t even have a
breathable t-shirt in it until last week!

Have just been to Pilates so am concentrating on
keeping my stomach in, shoulders back and down and
hips aligned as I type. Sheila Morrison and I are off
for a run mid afternoon. Brian is still progressing
with his training – did 15 mins run and 3 mins walk
times 3 today. Aim is to do the Paisley 10k at the
end of August. S’pose that means I’d better organise
our entries at some point this week. I am looking
forward to the all the races coming in
August/September time.




___________________________________________________________
Yahoo! Messenger - NEW crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?