Friday, August 05, 2005

Sunday afternoon’s jaunt with Sheila Morrison was a
bit of a long one. We ran from Belhaven through John
Muir Country Park to the North Berwick road, crossed
over the railway and ran up to Biel. From there we ran
onto Pitcox and down to the roundabout on the A1,
using the shortcut route to Dunbar. (At which point we
were propositioned by some twelve year old boys
messing around on a small motorbike “Here lady watch
us bounce around”) From there we crossed down shore
road to run along the burn and back along the dump
road to Belhaven. The run had a few stops, although
they were mainly at the top of hills, rather than at
the bottom or half way up. Great views of Dunbar and
Belhaven from this route.

Poor Sheila, didn’t realise I was planning on running
quite so far! I turned up with my Camelback and it
was at that point that she realised that I wasn’t
planning a nice easy 5-6 miler. Oh well, time I
started getting some revenge.

My stomach pain was still present when running,
although only mildly uncomfortable and not the pain
that I suffered at Musselburgh on Saturday. Legs felt
quite tight too.

Tuesday night’s club run was quite a short number as I
had a running club committee meeting at 8:00pm. We
ran from Halhill to East Links Farm Park and back
along the track to Belhaven, and back through the
houses to Halhill. It seems like ages since we were
running through the houses every week last winter, but
it won’t be long until we are confined to town running
again.

On Wednesday I drove Sheila Morrison to North Berwick
to take part in the North Berwick Law race. It was
really windy, and brave of her to run it. I guarded
the joosters. It was good to watch – the leaders were
pretty impressive, especially the first lady. Also
cheered on the Dunbar runners taking part – Stuart,
Frank, Amanda and Sheila. Sheila got lost up the
hill, and due to the steepness ended up coming down
the hill mostly on her backside. Had to do a bit of
refuelling afterwards (of course) so stopped off for
an Italian in North Berwick before heading back.

Thursday night interval training was interesting!
Sheila Morrison was being naughty and skived the
training. Ian got us to do two extra laps warm up
with some funny drills to help us stretch. We then
ran three sprint distances – by which point I was
totally knackered. After that we then had to run
4x400m followed by 8x200m. I skipped one of the 200m
– which proved to be a good decision as I had been
getting progressively slower and slower. After that
mammoth session we then got to run a 4x200m relay –
with batons!!! I think my handover was pretty poor –
co-ordination was well and truly gone by then.

Its Friday now, my legs are aching (hamstrings),
throat hurts and generally feeling sorry for myself.
I am due to run a big long run with Sheila tomorrow
morning, but will definitely be running slowly. I
refuse to get ill, it is only a mildly sore throat
(but if I was a man I probably would be in bed laid up
with flu by now!)

Brian’s training is going too well – have been
fighting with him all week as he keeps reminding me
that he ran the first mile of his two mile run the
other day in 7mins 44secs. I have to keep reminding
him that it was all down hill, with a back wind and he
was knackered for the next mile. He will be beating
me in no time….


___________________________________________________________
To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Yahoo! Security Centre. http://uk.security.yahoo.com


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?