Wednesday, September 28, 2005

The running is not going so well this week – at least
it’s helped me make up my mind about Doon Hill. I
will be the sensible one standing wrapped up in my
winter coat with my arm outstretched showing people
the way down the grassy path near Wester
Broomhouse….marshalling definitely seems to be the
better option.

Last weekend I went for a run down in Peebles, from
Cardrona to Traquair House and back. It was
terrible…I felt really out of breath and wheezy and
that it was such a big effort, and when I worked it
out I was running pretty slowly as well. On Sunday,
Brian and I went out for a short one (about 4 miles)
along the beach at Belhaven and back through John Muir
Country Park and I think I felt even worse, felt very
unfit. On Sunday evening I developed a nice cough and
tickly throat and decided to blame the bad running on
the cold. It’s annoying though, that’s two colds I’ve
had quite close together. I don’t normally suffer
colds and other illnesses and therefore don’t suffer
well, and I am again feeling sorry for myself.

On Tuesday we went out for our club run earlier than
usual and ran most of the Doon Hill route. The route
itself is lovely, really nice countryside and
differing terrain. The hills weren’t as bad as I
expected (although there were a couple of walk breaks
in there!) It would be a nice route to do again – but
not in a race just yet. I am impressed by the times
the runners do though, given the challenging course.
Running wise I felt a lot better than I had done at
the weekend. It was dark by the time we finished –
Sheila Morrison and I are guessing 9 miles for the
distance.

Tonight Sheila Morrison, Sheila Kerr and I went out
for a short, flat run (another 4 miler) in John Muir
Country Park before the dark set in. Again I was
feeling better than at the weekend, although it was
bitterly cold and is the first time I’ve worn the full
length tights so far since autumn has set in. It was
also very windy, but an enjoyable run. We managed to
do some catching up on all Sheila Morrison’s trekking
experiences, from her performance in the Doon Hill
race I would say that the altitude training has done
her some good – off she was trotting up these hills
again. Maybe I need to head off somewhere exotic in
the name of altitude training…

Anyway I’m looking forward to the marshalling on
Saturday, (and the soup and sandwiches). I might fit
another run in before then and will probably head out
on Sunday morning. I’m hoping the weather might
improve slightly but won’t hold my breath.

Unfortunately I’m going to miss Ian’s interval
training tomorrow night, and next Thursday too. I
have some work thing tomorrow (a fashion show with the
outfits all made out of stationary items???? I will
report if there is any interesting usage of post it
notes) and next Thursday I’m off out for a girls night
out in town, with my study buddy group again. Always
a good excuse for dinner, booze and a gossip….Please
don’t hold it against me Ian – make my first session
back after my mini break an easy one!


___________________________________________________________
To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Yahoo! Security Centre. http://uk.security.yahoo.com


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?