Sunday, September 18, 2005

Well we (Sheila Kerr and Brian) did do a nice flat
number last Sunday, alongside the A1, down to West
Barnes, through John Muir Country Park, cutting
through to the beach and ran back through Dunbar to
our start point. Brian failing to follow any running
advice by going out and running 8 miles (previous
longest distance was 10k in the Paisley race two weeks
ago) without doing any other running for the past 2
weeks.

On Tuesday club night the women’s side was sadly
lacking – Clarissa and Karen are both on holiday,
Lindsay had a bit of a “chest thing going on” and
didn’t want to push her cold any further into her
chest with the Great North Run on Sunday and Sheila
Morrison still trekking. This left Sheila Kerr and I
to try to keep up with Anne (although clearly Anne
wasn’t running anywhere near normal pace). It was
very windy and our skin was getting well exfoliated by
sand being blown into our faces. The route was from
Halhill, down to Whitesands and along by the golf
course back into town. Coming out of the golf course
and running up into town was like jogging on the spot
– the wind was so strong. Anyway that means extra
calories were burned! (although I seem to have
managed to put on weight this week, hmmmm……………..)

On Thursday night I braved intervals with Anne yet
again, interesting as none of the other senior ladies
were there so I felt like I was miles behind the
others. We did 4x200m in 2 mins, 4x400m in 3mins30
and 4x200m in 2 mins. The 2 mins for the 200m sounds
like a gift but it wasn’t true recovery as we were
meant to jog back from the 200m point to the start
line again. (I say meant to because I soon started to
miss this part out, doing my 2nd 200m back to the
start line from the 200m point. Crafty… the extra
recovery definitely helped!)

On Saturday I was planning a run but had been out on
Friday night, and by the time I got home on Saturday
it was windy and raining, my least favourite weather
combination for running. So I decided just to sit
inside and make warming winter soup instead. So now
it’s Sunday and I feel the need to fit a longer one
in. Have arranged to meet up with Sheila Kerr shortly
and go for about 9-10 with some hills. I will see how
it goes though! I think up to Spott and round by the
second Ford, but I guess it partly depends on how cold
and windy it is.

Sheila and I both watched the GNR this morning for
motivation and inspiration, and believe I saw the
fastest ever half marathon. How amazing? I wonder
how Lindsay got on….


___________________________________________________________
To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Yahoo! Security Centre. http://uk.security.yahoo.com


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?