Thursday, November 17, 2005

Brrrrrrr........

Peebles was lovely but cold…… But first things first,
I had another torture session last Friday morning. I
think the calves were even worse than the hamstrings,
so much so that my bruises came up nicely later on
that day. On Saturday I decided for some reason that
it would be a good idea to have a quick gym session
(something I never do) followed by a relaxing swim at
the MacDonald’s Cardrona hotel. The hotel is quite
new and therefore so is the gym. I had a small run on
the treadmill to see if my legs still worked (which
they did, sort of). The swim was nice, but I could
feel the pain in my calves on nearly every kick.

On Sunday I ran alongside Megget Reservoir, then St
Mary’s Loch and onto Tibbie Shiels Inn. It was a
crisp day, probably about 5C, but with no wind so
really good running conditions. I took GPS, as I am
getting concerned that the readings aren’t accurate or
that I don’t run very far or very quickly. GPS
advised that I ran 7.24 miles in 1 hour and 6 minutes
– average speed 6.3 mph. I am now reassured that GPS
is doing ok….that is pretty good for an easy run on my
own. Top speed was over 13mph which I think is
impressive, but of course I logged that on a down hill
stretch!

Tuesday night was a town run again, cool and crisp but
no wind or rain so again good running conditions. An
hour was enough though….

Tonight I have just done a “Pyramid” interval session.
The session was to run 500m, 1000m, 1 mile, 1000m and
then 500m. I tailored this to 500m, 800m, 1200m,
800m, 500m. It was freezing cold and my hands did not
warm up at all.

Now I have a hectic weekend ahead – night drinking
(and eating) with work friends tomorrow, through to
Glasgow on Saturday for a spot of shopping and then
onto see one of Brian’s favourite Bands, British Sea
Power. Hopefully the night will be a bit better than
when we went to see them earlier in the year in the
liquid room. British Sea Power had just started to
play when I decided to faint, collapsing and losing my
handbag and jacket in the process. Looks a bit dodgy
when you faint at something like that but had only had
a pint of water when I got there. Thought I was going
to ruin the evening but in the end it meant that we
got to stand directly to the left of the band with a
really good view, so not so bad after all.

Sunday is rugby in Edinburgh and then back to work on
Monday. Not quite as glam as Sheila Morrison’s
weekend in Paris.

Not sure when I’m going to fit any running in!


___________________________________________________________
Yahoo! Model Search 2005 - Find the next catwalk superstars - http://uk.news.yahoo.com/hot/model-search/


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?