Sunday, November 27, 2005

Christmas is coming..........................and guess who's getting fat????

Didn’t do much running last weekend as predicted –
skived on Saturday and then on Sunday went a run round
Beith. Get a bit fed up with that route as I
basically just run a loop round town twice. On the
way back to my mum and dad’s I found a nice back road
into the country which would be much better to explore
so might do that the next time I’m through West.

On Tuesday at club night we went for a skate around
Dunbar. There was a bit of a frost so we had to be a
bit more careful than usual. We used the frost as an
excuse not to run round West Barnes and headed back to
club early.

Thursday night was also cold, but not as frosty.
Wasn’t great for interval training though as there was
a bitter wind whilst trying to run round which made
the whole session even less comfortable than normal.
We did 4 x 400m in 2m30secs, then the rest of the
bunch did 2x800m but Sheila Morrison and I did another
2x400m to catch our breath! (Its ok to move onto the
800m if you had a decent recovery at the 400m like Ian
Sills, but it takes Sheila and I about 2mins to do a
400m so we don’t get much recovery time then!)
After the 800m we then set off on a mile (approx
1600m). Sheila and I set of first – and we still
managed to be beaten by everyone else!

Friday was my realignment session with massage man in
North Berwick. Not bad ‘cos I haven’t been for about
5 weeks and only my pelvis was slightly out of
alignment. That and a few tight muscles!

On Saturday Sheila Morrison and I did our first long
run since Jedburgh. We headed out at 9.00am on a 10
mile run. The rain was heavy and the wind was strong
and as we headed through John Muir Country Park it
started battering us on the right side of our body.
The weather was reminiscent of Jedburgh – the rain was
so hard it was almost like hail. We ran through John
Muir to the North Berwick road, ran down to the Tyne
and along side this and then up by Knowes Farm up to
the old A1. The plan was that the route alongside the
old A1 would be more sheltered than the Park, but it
wasn’t. We ran past Clarissa – she was clever and out
in her car rather than running, and then crossed over
the old A1 and the new A1 up past a farm track and
round, joining the old A1 again at the roundabout
before West Barnes. It was a good run and we needed
to get a longer one in, but was so cold and wet that
my hands went numb for part of the run.

Today I went out again for another wee run. My
mileage has dipped since Jedburgh, and my food
consumption has risen, which led to me gaining about 4
pounds in one week. I need to redress the balance….so
did a nice easy run from my house, into Dunbar, round
by the harbour, up by the pool, and along the back
road down to Belhaven bay where Brian picked me up. I
say nice, easy run as it is mainly downhill! It was a
lovely morning and I had some wonderful views on the
way. The route round town was similar to part of the
route we run on Tuesdays, and I must say its lots
better in the daylight!

I’m planning to go for another short run tomorrow
morning as I’m off work (not sure I’ll stick to the
plan though…) Brian is going down to Peebles for his
last salmon fishing day of the year, so I might run
from Peebles down to Cardrona along the back road.
Another nice route as its scenic and surrounded by
trees and you follow the tweed along. Will update
later if I stick to the plan…


___________________________________________________________
To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Yahoo! Security Centre. http://uk.security.yahoo.com


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?