Thursday, November 10, 2005

You should see the bruises!

Am trying to be more disciplined – about my diary
entries, certainly not the running! My sports massage
last week was interesting, although at least there was
no pretence from the guy that it was going to be
pleasurable. I was met with the question “are you
ready for your torture session?” My ITB band was fine
– great stuff. Unfortunately my quads were really
tight, as was some muscle that goes along the
side/back of the leg. I have a nice row of bruises
now, which funnily enough look like finger prints,
running up my thigh. It took about 1 hour to do the
front of my legs, turned over and was met with a
comment that it would take about another hour to sort
out my calves. So I’m going back tomorrow for that
pleasure.

My legs were a bit achy after the massage, and on the
Saturday, and on the Sunday…..

On Sunday Sheila Morrison and I had planned to go out
for a 10 miler, but for some reason Sheila thought it
would be nice to run across Belhaven Beach. Hmmmm….I
think the tide had only just gone out, the beach was
soaking wet, very sinking and very difficult to run
over (especially with achy, bruised thighs). Then it
started to rain. Given our last two Sunday runs have
been long and very wet, we took the soft option of
cutting the run short to only 6 miles. Good choice I
think, I needed to hose my shoes off and have a shower
at Sheila’s to wash the mud off my legs. Sheila
kindly loaned me some clothes to get home, although I
think I probably looked a bit of a laughing stock.
The socks were a nice tan check – fake Burberry, and
the shoes were her daughters light blue converse
trainers. Interesting!

Because we skived the long run on Sunday, we decided
to do a longer run on the Tuesday. Not sure that Faye
or Lindsay were please that they suffered because we
were lightweights at the weekend but we took them
along for the ride. Trying to do a long run in the
dark around the streets of Dunbar is not easy but I
think we managed to do about 8 miles. The weather was
good running weather, not too warm or too cold, a nice
breeze but not too windy, and most importantly…..no
rain!

Turnout on Thursday night was small – only 3 of us
turned up. Stuart ran the session as he isn’t running
at present due to injury/illness so it was Anne, Faye
and I to run the session. The session was to run 5 x
1000m in 6 mins. I did the first, third and fifth
intervals as 1000m and the second and forth as 600m.
It was a tough session, felt a bit dodgy at times but
good. Again the weather was good. Shame about the
track – Anne nearly ran into someone who decided to
start dribbling their football around the cones we had
to mark the track! Will need to hassle Sheila
Morrison for skiving again…

Not particularly looking forward to my massage
tomorrow, but keep thinking it will all be worth it in
the long run (pardon the pun) and the guy is nice
(although a bit too cheeky – he keeps saying that
Sheila looks good for her age….)

Am off to Peebles for the weekend so if the legs
recover will get a few nice runs in around there and
update you all next week.


___________________________________________________________
To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Yahoo! Security Centre. http://uk.security.yahoo.com


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?