Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Has anyone seen my motivation?

Ok ok, I know I’m getting a bit slack at this whole
writing in diary thing. Think the winter sadness is
finally getting to me. Motivation has been low this
week so no wonder its taken ages to write!

Tuesday the 14th I went to club for a nice run so I
could be all sweaty and smelly for my romantic
candle-light dinner later on. We did the usual route
round town in about 55 minutes so not a bad time for
me. Felt ok on Tuesday….

And then Thursday came. Four and a half minutes
running as fast as you can, 4 times over. I felt a
bit like a grumpy teenager whinging that I didn’t want
to do it…………but I did. On the last lap Ian was
shouting “encouragement” (well actually it was more
like “come on Theresa, catch them” in a tone of voice
that suggested that I should start moving my arse) so
I thought I’d best oblige, caught up with Lindsay and
overtook her and then finally caught Fay on the last
100 metres or so. It took a lot of mental effort (oh
and physical) to keep going.

And then the weekend…..motivation on a slippery slope
by now. I went out in the morning with Brian for a
short while – I’d managed to nag him into going out
seeing as he is running the Dunbar 10k in April. It’s
been about 6 months since he ran, so he just went out
for 3 miles and managed fine (more it was me that was
struggling!) and said that he felt that he could
easily have run it again when he finished. Once we
did a 3 mile loop at Belhaven, I then ran up to
Eweford and on up to Little Spott, running down
Daniel’s Brae, round Spott and on down to Spott
roundabout. At around about this point, I became
bored. Mentally I couldn’t be bothered, so….I didn’t.
I ran from Spott roundabout home, but struggled, and
walked up the big hill to my house. It was a long
run for me to finish off on my own, and it did remind
me just how much Sheila Morrison’s constant chatter
helps you round a training run!

Sunday was worse. I stood in the kitchen deliberating
about whether or not to go when I was fully dressed
and ready. I thought about staying in and lazing
around, watching tv and at best doing an exercise
video. Eventually I forced myself out and enjoyed
part of the run, but by about 40 minutes had lost the
enthusiasm and started to daydream about the cheese
and banana toastie I was going to have when I
finished. That was the only thing to motivate me to
keep going!

And last night, there were only 4 women at club so Fay
and I ran together. It was tough for me cos I quite
fancied a slow plod and Fay doesn’t really let you do
that….so I had to keep going and try to keep up all
the way round. At least on Tuesday night I finished
thinking I was glad I had gone out!

So, I need to find the motivation…..not sure where I
put it though.


___________________________________________________________
NEW Yahoo! Cars - sell your car and browse thousands of new and used cars online! http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/


Comments:
Lack of motivation?
Have you tried beer?
Usualy does the trick.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?