Sunday, March 19, 2006

I still hurt....

The last week has not been so good. My hip was still
a bit sore on Tuesday, but when I started running on
club night I found a lot of other areas that were also
sore. Anne has sore shins – funnily I think that was
the only area that didn’t hurt. Felt pretty tired and
did about 4.5 about town. It was a struggle but at
least I kept going.

Better than Sheila and her full body melt down. Weird
that we both felt crap at the same point in the half
(at about 10 miles) and shuffled on to the end. Also
weird that we both had the same side of hip/pelvis
that was sore and therefore the same sore hamstring
(on the left). We’ve decided there must have been a
funny camber somewhere before we both suffered the
same thing. Sheila got in the car straight after
Inverness and 5 hours later (A9 was shut due to snow)
she got home, but was all seized up. So Sheila did a
no show on Tuesday – wish she had been there to
accompany me on a very slow run. As it was Anne had a
slow one due to her sore bits, so at least I had
company!

I’d had a bad day at work and then ended up being late
for club. I was in a really bad mood and to top it
off I parked in the huge puddle which meant I got
soaked feet before running. Due to my poor washing
management, I had also run out of clean tights so had
to go for ¾ lengths which meant my lower legs were a
wee bit cold. I turned up and everyone was in their
first set. I did a nice wee 200m warm up and then
joined in the second set. The task for the night was
3x5.5 mins with some rest in between, which didn’t
feel like a huge rest. Anyway, must do some good
being in a bad mood as on the last lap I managed to
overtake those in front of me before the finish!!!

Saturday I was really really tired. I’d had a good
night sleep and the Brian decided to take a trip to
Alnwick (for the fishing shop) so I slept on the way
down, slept on the way back up and then had another
nap on the sofa before I ran. I don’t think this
helped with the whole sluggish feeling. I ran from my
house to Belhaven (about 4 miles) and then met Brian
and we ran through the park for about another
4-4.5miles. How annoying is it though – he is so nice
and easy and bouncy when he runs whereas I struggle
with lifting my feet of the ground….That was his
second run of the year and still managed it fine.
Hmmm.

So today I’m going to try to get out for a short/slow
one this afternoon. Will see if Sheila M is up for it
after her entertaining for the weekend. Val and Fay
where off for a run this morning up Doon Hill. If I’d
been feeling better I would have trotted along with
them but there was no way after yesterday that I could
keep up. Let’s hope I feel better by next weekend!


___________________________________________________________
To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Yahoo! Security Centre. http://uk.security.yahoo.com


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?