Sunday, March 26, 2006

No money for Ian....

Oh dear – another entry when the pain is still fresh.
Will complete diary in reverse order having just
arrived home from the Edinburgh ½ marathon. Well I
though Inverness was bad???? No way, warmth is
definitely worse than cold weather for long distances.
The route in Edinburgh was ok for an inner city ½
taking in Crammond etc but there were too many loops,
where you could clearly see the much faster runners
off ahead of you. The really irritating thing was the
cheats who cut across without doing the loop, but at
the end of the day, they are only cheating themselves!
(A**es the lot of them). Time wise I didn’t get a pb,
in fact this was my third worst time out of four
half’s. I am definitely withholding payment for
intervals until this situation gets better. I’m not
sure what went wrong (well apart from the bloody
obvious I didn’t run fast enough), last year was such
a good running year. Sheila says I’ve plateaued, but
I’m meant to have a good few years' improvement left
in me. Anyway this time I did take my splits, which
helped figure out where it all went a bit shit.

1 9.28
2 9.34
3 9.24
4 9.23
5 9.45
6 9.12 (not bad so far, but….)
7 10.21 (where did that minute come from????)
8 10.10 (and another minute)
9 9.31 (that’s more like it)
10 9.56 (not quite so hot)
11 9.38 (better again)
12 10.00 (well I guess tiredness was setting in…)
13 9.50
14 .48

So, but odd really given that I run 6/7/8 miles all
the time – would have thought the fatigue would have
set in later. (but I did have a gel at about halfway,
didn’t feel it helped but think it must have, guess
that could be why split 7 was higher – trying to get
over the bogging taste!)

Anyway well done to Emma who finished only about 20
minutes in front of me. All this training first thing
in the morning with no food must work. (Although I
don’t think I’ll give it a go)

Anyway back to last Sunday. Sheila Morrison and I did
go out for a nice run, through John Muir Country Park,
across the A1 and through some farms, coming out a
North Belton and back through John Muir to Belhaven.
We guessed it at about 8 miles. It was loads better
than the run I did last Saturday where I ran 4 miles,
picked up Brian at John Muir Country Park and then ran
another 4 miles.

Tuesday night there were new lady members at the club
so we took them out for the exciting town run – lucky
them! Did the full 6ish mile loop but took a good 5
minutes longer than normal. Good as a bit of a taper
for the Sunday.

Thursday Sheila M and I skived interval training and
ran for about 4 about town. Found some exciting new
paths (although not going to share as I might need to
use them for a shortcut at some point – I’m learning
from these cheats!)

So now I’m going off to wallow like a proper runner
that doesn’t get a Pb…..at least I ran all the way
round a 13.1 mile route though hey? If I think back 4
years I never thought that would happen!


___________________________________________________________
NEW Yahoo! Cars - sell your car and browse thousands of new and used cars online! http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?