Sunday, April 09, 2006

Taking it easy...

I haven’t got a lot to write about this week. On
Tuesday I had a work thing so couldn’t go to club. I
had a lot of other commitments too this week so
couldn’t fit in an extra one. So Thursday was the
first run of the week and it was the handicap 5k. It
was going ok too – the first time since I won back
November/December time that I managed to overtake
anyone when running round. I managed to get to the
front of the pack for the second trip down Kellie road
but at that point figured out I wasn’t going to be
able to run much further with the agonising stitch I
had. I’d already tried the breathing trick but had
figured out that I wasn’t going to get rid of the pain
that easily. It was a bit like whatever happened to
me at the Musselburgh race course race last year.
Anyway, whatever I had eaten earlier on the day didn’t
appreciate being shaken up and down rapidly…..

On Friday I was through at my mum and dads and on
Saturday went to the Vitality show at the SECC. There
wasn’t as much fitness stuff as I was expecting but
was still pretty interesting. Had a quick trip into
the discount Achilles Heel store but didn’t see
anything to purchase…will have a quick look online
once I’ve finished writing this. Stitch still
hurting….

Today Sheila, Fay, Val and I all went out for a run.
We headed off up to Spott from Belhaven, via Eweford
and Wester Broomhouse and Ossie (???) Dean. (all this
time I’ve been thinking its called Dozy Dean – lucky
Val’s here to keep me right!). From there we headed
up along what Sheila calls Val’s SAS course – up at
the bridge to the cottage with the big red chimney and
then up through the fields beside the farm buildings.
Turn left and you can run up the Brunt, but we passed
on this and kept on going. We then got to run down
Starvation Brae and back down to the Spott roundabout,
along to Eweford and back down to Belhaven. It was
about an 8 mile round trip, good quality though as it
was uphill to the top of Starvation Brae. This is
only about the third time I have run up that way, and
managed to run up all the hills, no stopping. I tell
you, this week’s lighter mileage and disappointing
stitchy thing have helped the motivation no end – I
actually wanted to go further than we did and felt
like I had enough energy to manage it. I guess a rest
week every now and then really can do the world of
good…


___________________________________________________________
To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Yahoo! Security Centre. http://uk.security.yahoo.com


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?