Sunday, May 14, 2006

Check out the cows!

Am trying to keep up with the mileage targets I set
myself – last week I ran just over 29 miles and now
trying to sustain that….could be difficult though
given the speed I run and all the other life things
you have to do (like work – unfortunately!)

Anyway on Tuesday we ran down to John Muir Country
Park from club, Sheila M, Lindsay and I ran for about
8 miles. We went through the park heading towards the
North Berwick road and then turned back on ourselves
along the rougher path that follows the beach. It was
really warm on the way out but got cooler and
therefore nicer running weather towards the end.
Sheila M was scampering along at the front, having a
better running night than she’d had the week before.

On Thursday there was only one male at the intervals.
Plenty of women though – wonder what that means????
Anne, Emma, Jennifer, Lucy, me, Sheila K and Val were
all there (hope I haven’t missed anyone). Sheila M
was “otherwise engaged”. Our delights of the evening
where 8x400m in 3 mins and 8x200m in 1.5mins –
although Ian did take pity on us towards the end and
extend our rest time marginally. It was tough going
even though it only adds up to about 3 miles.

Yesterday morning Sheila M and I went out on a long
run – training for Loch Leven half in two weeks. We
ran from my house, down through Pinkerton and round
the bottom of Doon Hill, up behind Spott Mains Farm
etc, down the Brunt (and up the other side – forgot
about that) along to Falsely Cottages through to
Thurston Mains, along to Innerwick and then a loop to
Thornton and back down to the A1 turn up to Innerwick,
with a bit of cross country back to mine. I measure
it and I’m sure it was only about 12.5 miles but
Sheila thinks it was longer…..It was a really nice
route, and not toooooooo hilly. Although apologies to
Sheila – we were meant to do the loop round Thornton
so it was mainly downhill although I got the turning
wrong and we ran the uphill way round. Ooops. It was
funny weather – warm when in a sheltered bit but cool
when the breeze hit you.

Today I’m going out for a short one with Sheila Kerr –
will see how far I manage but planning on somewhere
between 4-6 miles. That should keep the miles up!

Also entirely unrelated but how exciting – Cow Parade
has come to Edinburgh. I’ve only got 10 weeks to find
the 94 cows. Cool. Check out the website!


___________________________________________________________
To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Yahoo! Security Centre. http://uk.security.yahoo.com


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?