Sunday, May 07, 2006

more running....

What a week! It’s the first time that I’ve run five
times in a week I think! Holiday weekends help
matters greatly though…..

On Monday Sheila M and I ran through John Muir onto
the North Berwick road, up to the old A1 and over the
bridge at the pink cottage which goes over the railway
line. From their we ran up round Biel and on to
Pitcox, before running back down to one of the new
roundabouts on the A1 and a shortcut track over to
West Barnes. From there we ran back to Sheila’s, had a
quick shower and headed back out to Pilates. How
disciplined?????? (well apart from the quick buffet
snack in between which involved a lot of cheese and
quite a few crisps!)

Tuesday night was a different story – bullies Morrison
and Kerr wouldn’t allow me to run further and made me
take a short route back to Halhill. I was up for a
short route anyway seeing as we had a committee
meeting that night – but this was shorter than even I
had planned! We ran through Halhill woods, down to
West Barnes, along the road to the Biel burn, along
the Biel burn and back along the dump road, through
the houses to Halhill. I only was planning on running
down the road to the farm park and back so not much
further…..

On Thursday night it was the handicap race and the
first time I had run the route through John Muir
Country Park. We ran it the tough way round – along
the road first and back through the sandy path in the
trees. Luckily Frank caught up with Fay and I quite
early on, and gave us directions to ensure we went the
right way! It was hard going – although Emma didn’t
seem to find it so bad when she bounced past me after
about 18 minutes. Ian R got a chance to run as Bob
did the timings so he was the next one to come
bounding up behind me. Although he did shout
something so I knew I’d better speed up , which meant
a quick sprint to the finish. It took a fair bit
longer than the route around the houses, but was a
whole lot nicer!

Saturday, and Brian fancied a spot of fishing down the
Tweed. I had no other plans so accompanied him down
to a place near St Boswells and ran along side the
river, through a few fields and around a really nice
estate for about 4.5 miles. The run was nice,
although I used about 4 face wipes trying to clean the
sheep shit of my shoes afterwards. And that was me
being careful….

Today I went out for a wee run with Sheila K and Fay.
We ran from Sheila K’s, up round the cement factory,
down to the lighthouse, along the John Muir way for a
bit and onto the beach, back to the lighthouse, round
Whitesands and back to Sheila’s. Probably about 7.5
miles. The weather was a bit odd – mist off the sea,
but warm at the same time. I think it needs to
thunder. Today was also the Edinburgh 10k which
Lindsay was running so will need to find out how she
did. Yesterday any mad people would have run the
Edinburgh to North Berwick 22 mile road race – will
find out who they were and how they managed on
Tuesday!


___________________________________________________________
Yahoo! Photos – NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 7p a photo http://uk.photos.yahoo.com


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?