Sunday, June 18, 2006

I’ve not much to say this week – as I was so tardy
last week with my blogging, I’ve only done two runs
since my last entry (its not only my blogging that is
getting tardy).

On Thursday at intervals we were doing 16x300m in 2.15
mins (I think). I missed two to enable breathing on
most of the others. It was a good session (as the
interval was less than 400m) but tiring!

On Friday Sheila M had a curry night, as some runners
from her old running club (Whitehorse Harriers) were
up for the weekend. It was a good evening – Sheila
has started early on the wine so it was an interesting
night. Although you have to watch out when you head
round to hers for coffee in case you get the dodgy
mug. Very off-putting. Still Karen hasn’t had her
baby and Clarissa has about 3 weeks to go! Ann had
provided a lovely chocolate mousse cake for pudding –
will need to build in some extra runs to burn it off.

On Saturday I fully intended on going for a run to
burn off some of those calories however the last few
weeks have wiped me out and I was far too tired to
even think about running. Instead I persuaded Brian
to go for a walk with me round the bottom of Doon Hill
and then back over the top to home. We probably
covered about 4 miles, which is better than nothing.

On Sunday (today) we were meeting at Sheila’s at 10 to
go for a run along the beach with the Whitehorse
Harriers. I had already decided to add some distance
on by running down to Sheila’s via the cement factory,
the golf course at Whitesands, and the golf course at
Winterfield. Unfortunately the detour would have
taken more than an hour and I couldn’t drag myself out
of bed early enough. I ate a banana flavoured Go
(SIS) bar for breakfast when still asleep and dragged
myself out of bed at about 8:30. (In the words of
George Gilhooley they are “minging by the way”) I left
the house at about 9 and ran to town and then round
the cliffs and the golf course at Winterfield before
picking the others up at Sheila’s. From there we ran
through John Muir to the sandy bridge and came back
along the beach. It was tough going along the beach
as the tide had just gone out and the sand was a bit
gloopy. Also everyone else was quite fresh whereas I
was knackered!

For some reason I have entered the East Kilbride half
marathon next week so I was glad to get a longer run
in before that (I think the run today was about 10
miles). I knew the course was a two loop route before
entering but only just figured out that means that I
will probably get lapped by the really fast runners at
the front – that might be a bit demoralising!

I am now surfing the internet for some new toys to
buy. I’m thinking of a nice pair of MBT’s (not very
trendy looking but apparently good for joint pain,
muscle pain, back pain, posture and getting rid of
cellulite! And all for just over £100…..sounds too
good to be true)


___________________________________________________________
Now you can scan emails quickly with a reading pane. Get the new Yahoo! Mail. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?