Monday, October 30, 2006

Sheila's fecked

well just a short message from Dublin. Sheila had a
good run - she even managed a negative split. I on
the other hand......at least I finished. Although
presently doing the never again thing.....

i don't think i ever made it clear this helping Sheila
with her training actually extended to running the
bleeding marathon as well but there we go. Much
bloody use she was as a running partner. She
disappeared behind a skip after about half a mile for
a pee and then I didn't see her again until mile 18 as
she tapped me on the shoulder as she shuffled on by.
anyway didn't really enjoy the 20 mile marker to the
end bit, my knees are broken and my backside hurts.

Anyway a couple of pieces of advice for tonight (I'll
bore you with the splits, and times later)
1) - Hannah don't bother trying to do more than one
marathon next year - you'll need time to get over the
first one
2) - all women - don't bother doing anything to your
bikini line in the week before a marathon. Chaffing
or ingrowing hairs are not a joke.

Apologies to anyone I led slightly astray - although
I'm sure it was only Val who had figured it all out.
Why else would I have been doing all those long
runs??????


___________________________________________________________
The all-new Yahoo! Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?