Thursday, November 30, 2006

in the bleak mid winter

My next run was on Tuesday 21st – too busy marshalling
the cross country on Sun 19th to fit a run in (well it
was a handy excuse).

Tuesday – club run about town. Ran with Sheila K and
Sheila M – we went down some slightly different
streets to try to make the run more interesting –
although I don’t think it worked! Both Sheila’s
decided I was being bossy as I tried to make them run
round West Barnes after the town – I was just using
some many tried and tested techniques they used to use
on me (such as “keep running and ignore her – she’ll
follow anyway). My influencing techniques failed me
though (probably because they were both wanting to go
back) and I couldn’t face the West Barnes mob on my
own so I added a wee loop up Countess Road and along
Spott Road, back down Kellie Road. Lovely…

Thursday 23rd – had the choice of 1200’s or 1600’s.
There’s no surprise in what I opted for….I went for
1200’s obviously. Due to the time delay we did finish
the 1200’s after those doing the 1600’s on many of
them…..It was a bad night – typically windy of a
Thursday track session. We got 9 minutes to do our
1200’s and only had to do 4, and even then it felt far
too difficult. On the third one we only did an 800,
but made up for it by doing the full 1600 at the end.
That took us just over 9 mins so we were right to go
for the 1200’s. After the session we had a bit of a
taster sports massage so I got my knees done again.
Think more drastic action might be required (although
unsure what). Sheila M had an unusual suggestion of
what to do with a golf ball – although not sure it
would be such a good idea.

Saturday 25th I went out for a light trot at 9am. A
beautiful day – you really appreciate running in
daylight during winter. I ran round the bottom of
Doon Hill, up behind Spott Farm, down Starvation Brae,
through Spott and down to the first ford and up
Daniel’s Brae. Had some amazing views out over
Belhaven Bay to Bass Rock, North Berwick Law and
along. The route was quite deserted and I was doing
well saying hello to anyone I did meet until Daniel’s
Brae – the guy I saw there just got a wave as I didn’t
dare waste any breathe when trying to get up that
hill! From there I ran down and along beside the A1
to Spott roundabout. I then managed to get a handy
lift (as we were a bit strapped for time before the
rugby) to Lauderdale park for a lovely cheese
scone……mmmm

Sunday 26th I went out early again but didn’t feel as
good as Saturday – it was windier too so running was
hard work. I did a bit of an uninspiring route round
the cement factory, down to Barns Ness Lighthouse,
along Whitesands and back home. Although dead proud
that I managed to run up my hill. First time I’ve
attempted it in ages, and after the undulating route
yesterday, including Daniel’s Brae….think I might be
getting back to normal. Although knees still
bothering me – clicking loads. I’m not doing well at
the squat/lunge routine. The last time I tried (Sat
18th) I could barely walk the next day. Although I
really don’t want to have to take time off so I’d
better start doing them again.

Tuesday 28th – town run again. The Christmas Lights
had been turned on, but Val and Hannah were going to
fast for me to even see them. (well it felt fast to
me, so maybe I’m not really getting back to normal!)

And finally – tonight. Intervals again. Although
quite enjoyed it as my choice was between 800s and
600s, I opted for the 600s as shorter is better as far
as I’m concerned. Doing better timewise than last
week – each 400m was under 2 mins, and the final
interval I did the 800m in 3min55 so quite happy with
that. Now I’m knackered and need to head off to
bed…….

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?