Saturday, January 27, 2007

lovely weather continues.....

More wind and more difficulty in running. Thursday
the 18th we had 10 x either 600m or 400m in 4 mins.
So a bit more consistent this week I did the 10x400m.
Each one was a relatively ok time (2mins or under
mainly) but was a bit knackered by the last one. It
was pretty cold and windy which made breathing
difficult. Also we were running more than 400m as we
had to take a diversion across the tracks (further
than last weeks) due to the soggy, marshy conditions.
I swear if you added a couple of hurdles on the way
round we could have trained for steeplechase instead
of doing intervals!

On Saturday I just went out for a wee run later on in
the day after spending time in town hunting round for
a dress to wear to my work ceilidh on Fri 26th. I
started from East Links and ran a loop round the
trees, and West Barnes. It was getting dark and I
couldn’t run my first choice of route as the tide was
very high, so couldn’t get over one of the bridges
without getting very wet. My legs were agony after
Thursday – no idea why but every bit hurt…..

Sunday Sheila, Val, Fay and I headed out for a bit of
a longer run. Well I say we all headed out but Val and
Fay soon disappeared off into the distance. I
struggled along running better than I had done the
previous Sunday but still finding the head wind parts
difficult. We ran from Belhaven along the dump road,
into West Barns and along the old A1 to the
roundabout, where we then ran round Hedderwick the
opposite way to usual. From Hedderwick we went along
a track for riders/walkers that takes you onto the
road to Biel. The headed on up towards Biel, taking a
right at Biel so we cut along to the road from East
Linton up to Stenton. From there we ran down to East
Linton and along the A1 back to Belhaven. I was
pretty hungry and feeling pretty tired towards the end
but kept it going. I have no idea how I ever managed
to run a marathon – finding all the distance runs
tough going and they are probably half marathon
distance max!

Tuesday night I ran round town with Lindsay. We ran
round some extra houses at the beginning so we didn’t
feel quite so bad cutting out West Barnes at the end.
Also took a sneaky short cut so we didn’t have to go
up the really steep hill at the swimming pool. We
met up with Alison at the pool and ran down the back
road with her, but did skive West Barnes, instead
running up to Jet station and down to Halhill. Legs
still hurting – think I’ll need to book in for a
message pretty soon. (and actually ensure I stretch
after I run)

Intervals on Thursday we were back to a choice of 600m
or 800m – again in 4.5 mins. Again we made use of our
clever little idea of running 500m and then back 100m
towards the start – it means we got to hear our time
each go and also it meant we could sort of race Ian
Sills and Grant (ok so they were running 200m more
than us but a bit of competition is still good!) The
last one we ran the 800m so did run 5km at speed.
(although fairly distressing that if you add up the
times of all the intervals they are still only about
the same as my best 5km time – will I ever get any
faster? Will I ever make under 25 min for a 5km
again?????)

And today, Saturday, I went out for a wee run at about
12:30. Did ok given that I had a few drinks at the
ceilidh last night, got home quite late and didn’t
sleep very well. Oh I was sort of tripping up over
nearly every little stone, tree root, rabbit hole,
undulation etc in my path but otherwise it went well


___________________________________________________________
What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Yahoo! Mail Championship.
http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://mail.yahoo.net/uk


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?