Saturday, March 17, 2007

and even more boasting....

just checked the confirmed results for Lasswade and I got faster!!!!! official time (and pb) of 1.33.11, which means I knocked off OVER 4 minutes from last year.....
glad I checked - the above time more accurately reflects what I timed myself....

so this week has been a bit of a recovery week

Tuesday did a gentle run round Dunbar (in the dark) missing out the big hill in West Barnes as we just did the small one, not running round Walker homes and also cutting out Middlemass. Still a good run considering my heart wasn't in it.

Thursday did 6x800m in 6 and a quarter mins. 1,2,3,4 and 6 were all under 4 mins. 5 slipped a bit over..... Fastest was 3.51.

Today went for another massage - low calfs, quads, gluts etc etc hurting. Was massaged for 1 hr 40 mins, spent about 1 hr 30 mins in pain......
Then went for a run. I ran round the bottom of Doon Hill, then down to the house with the red chimney, up the the closed road to Wester Broomhouse, across the grassy path to Pleasance, down to Eweford, left and down to West Barnes, cross road to Biel Burn and back to Belhaven. At Belhaven Brian met me and took me to Lauderdale Park for possibly the best ever cheese scone.

I moaned about the headwind last week in Inverness - I'm sure the headwind today was much much worse - I was jogging on the spot at points.

And severe weather warning for tomorrow, with snow. Not sure how good that will be for the long run of the week.....



___________________________________________________________
All new Yahoo! Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?