Monday, March 12, 2007

Another pb....and first Dunbar running....what a weekend!

So latest update then…..

Tuesday 6th March – ran round town, in the dark. Did about 5 miles – had to cut off towards the end as had a meeting to go to. Ran around with Alison and Jenny, but when I cut off I tried to catch Sheila K and Lindsay as they had cut off before me. When I got back to club I spent 10 minutes chatting to Sheila M so was late for the meeting anyway – oops! Sheila M has quite a crowd of JogScotland people running with her at the mo, so she had been out with them.

Thursday 8th March – no intervals. Was on a bus heading northwards to represent the club at the Inverness half marathon. At least I'm guaranteed to be first Dunbar runner & first Dunbar lady. How cool!

Friday 9th March – went for a trot in Aberlour. Brian was fishing so I got in about 7 miles alongside the Spey. It was a lovely day, on a nice, flat, scenic route. Enjoyable run, would recommend running around the Spey if you are ever up there.

Saturday 10th March – spent the day in Inverness shopping with my Uncle and Aunt from Orkney, my cousin and some others who were also down for the Inverness half. Probably not the recommended way to spend your day before a race – it was hard work wondering around all those shops and trying on clothes……Went out for a good feed on the evening to power us round – pizza and pasta for me! Aunt and Uncle both suffering with cold. I've been sneezing a bit too since last weeks race – think it took it out of me a wee bit….so have been stuffing down zinc to try to head it off. Not sure it's working….

Sunday 11th March – first half of the year. The weather for Inverness was not bad, quite warm but a cool breeze which got up a bit just before and during the run itself. The first 6 miles were less hilly than I remember from last year. Unfortunately between 6-9 was hillier than I remembered. Also the pavement was a bit uneven – uncomfortable for the feet after 9 hard miles. Well the good news is I got a pb – 2.00.18 was the chip time. Obviously the not so good bit was that I missed the 2hr mark by 18 seconds. Tried to sprint the last .1 but still couldn't make it. Splits below:
1 – 8.25
2 – 8.47
3 – 9.03
4 – 9.17
5 – 9.28
6 – 8.47 (total at this stage = 53.49 so in line with usual 10km times)
7 – 8.39
8 – 9.43 (head wind and a bit uphill)
9 – 9.19
10 – 9.11 (total at this stage = 1.30.44 so still in there for a sub 2 hour)
11 – 9.30
12 – 9.51 (flat but again a head wind, this must be where I lost those damn 18 secs)
13 – 9.24
.1 – 48
Well my Aunt ran really well – especially considering her cold – I think she got a pb (natural runner, even after some beer the day before) at 1.34.34 and was 4th in her category. My Uncle wasn't far behind and again think he got a pb at 1.35.xx…..
A good run all round then really (although I wasn't thinking that from about 9 miles onwards…..easily forgotten after the event)



___________________________________________________________
Now you can scan emails quickly with a reading pane. Get the new Yahoo! Mail. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?