Sunday, March 04, 2007

Fw: wee update

worryingly - I did post this timely on 21 Feb but it never seemed to arrive. And I thought I was doing so well....


hey hey - I'm getting better at this updating thing. I deserve a prize! Just a wee update for now...

13th Feb – Tuesday club night – motivation low, and despite the weather not being tooooo bad (but it was still dark) I only managed to do 4.5 miles. Slowly.

15th Feb – Thursday, intervals. This week seemed like it should have been an easy session. We were doing 6x800m in 6.5 mins (so a whole minute longer rest than previous week). Reason for the increased rest was that the faster bunch were doing 6x1200m whereas last week they did 6x1000m. Anyway, it didn't make much difference to my running or speed. I was actually slower on a few of the sessions than last week – how is that?

17th Feb – Saturday. Headed out for a longish run. I ran from the house and covered about 6 miles - round bottom of Doon Hill, behind Spott Farm, to the top of Starvation Brae – running down the steep hill, through Spott where Anne and Stuart passed me in the car and then down to Spott roundabout, and along to pick up Sheila Kerr. We then headed out to Whitesands, to the lighthouse, along towards Torness, back round the lighthouse and up past the cement factory. At which point I then started my warm down. I'd been running for 2hours20mins and was feeling a bit tired, hungry etc etc so walked up the road to my house. What a beautiful day though, great views from the top of starvation brae, lovely looking out towards the sea and quite warm when out of the breeze.

18th Feb – Sunday. Just a 6 miler planned so headed out from East Links and ran through John Muir, up to A1 and across at Hedderwick/Ninewar. Round the farms and down at North Belton, back into John Muir and back to East Links. Again a lovely running day – bright and sunny although cold and frost still on the ground when we were out running.

20th Feb – Tuesday club night. Train was late – not helpful given I was meant to be on the 6.05 so this gets you in just in time for club (or not as the case was last night!). Neil was on the same train so suggested we run together – to which I replied that as he was loads faster I might need to send him on to come back and pick me up. Neil seemed quite happy with a slower paced run…..I puffed my way round (tempo run?) Anyway it probably was very good for me to have to keep running at a slightly faster pace. Actually it wasn't so bad – it can't have been because we were so busy running and talking that we missed our turning into Middlemas Road and got a wee bit lost. Anyway my cheeks matched my Helly Hansen red top by the end! And I had many pancakes as my reward when I got home. Yum.

Oh yeah – still haven't been brave enough to try the green shiny shorts yet.



___________________________________________________________
Next-generation email? Now you can have it with All New Yahoo! Mail. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html



____________________________________________________

Yahoo! Photos is now offering a quality print service from just 7p a photo. http://uk.photos.yahoo.com


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?