Sunday, March 25, 2007

Wind is settling down.....

Well I was right about the long run last weekend being interesting. It was even windier than usual (the weather that is....). I was heading out with Sheila and her running friends (from White Horse Harriers her old club) and Val and Fay. We were planning on doing 5 or 6 so I was heading off earlier to try to get 5 or 6 in first and then head out with them. I thought I'd be smart (which is a change for me when planning a run) by trying not to run the majority of the way in a head on gale. Even then it didn't really work very well. Ran from Belhaven up beside the hospital towards Eweford. The bit from the end of that road to Eweford itself probably was the longest part of the run - it was definately a struggle moving at all! I then ran up the right path to the Pleasance, the grassy path to Wester Broomhouse, down to Eweford, and down to Belhaven. Then went with Sheila and her friends through John Muir Country park to the bridge and back across the beach (with a back
wind propelling us along). The best bit though was lunch at Sheila's after - veggie lasagne for me!

Monday I went to pilates to keep working on that core strength.
Tuesday I was interviewing for the running club so couldn't go on club night.

Wednesday I talked Sheila M into a run round town. We went from Belhaven, down dump road and along the burn to West Barns. We did the usual loop around West Barns and then ran through the tree scheme, past Halhill and train station to station road. From there we headed down Spott Road, round Lochend Road, the loop round Middlemass Road, and back along Spott road. We ran round Walker homes and down the back road behind the Hillside (lovely refreshing smell blasing out as usual). Then along to the pool and down Back Road down to Belhaven again. Got quite damp but it was ok. Good run - longer than the usual town run

Thursday night I struggled though - intervals felt harder than usual. Did 4x400m warm up and the plan was to run 8x600m in 4.5mins. In theory that should be fine but I was slowing down in the 4th and 5th (they were both over 3 mins which is baddddddd) i then ran 2x200m with a toilet break in the middle, followed by the final 600m which I then managed to get back under 3 mins.

Saturday I planned on doing the long run for the weekend. It was a lovely day - quite bright and not too breezy. I ran from East Links through John Muir to West Barns, up to Eweford, then Wester Broomhouse, the closed road and up to Spott. I then ran onto the second ford and down to Pitcox. From Pitcox I headed towards Stenton but turned down to Biel mill. I then ran on straightahead taking the final right turn along to the road that leads to Hedderwick etc. I ran down to the A1, crossed the road and into John Muir Country Park at Tynefield. From there I followed the path through the park to East Links. It was a good run, felt ok and pushed it up all the hills. Cool.

Today thought wasn't feeling quite so hot. Legs a bit sore but I had managed to persuade Brian to come out for a run. We ran from Belhaven through John Muir to the bridge at the beach area and then back round the outside of the trees so just a wee 4 miles or so. Quite warm but still a breeze to keep you cool.....loads better than last Sunday though!



___________________________________________________________
All new Yahoo! Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?