Saturday, August 25, 2007

getting worse

guess what - haven't written in a while. that's truly because the running isn't worth writing about at the moment. cannot believe how badly I'm running at the mo. thought it was on the up a bit after I manage to run most of the 12/12.5 miles a couple of weeks back, but that must have been a piece of luck! headed off down to a wee place called Auldgirth near Dumfries for a long weekend - twas Brian's birthday and he fancied a bit of fishing. Unfortunately his fishing went as well as my running! He didn't catch anything whilst we were down in Dumfries, but then we came back, he headed down the Whiteadder (about 20 min drive away) and then caught two salmon! sods law.

Anyway whilst down there I managed to muster up the enthusiasm for a 9.5 miler on Fri 17th and a 6 miler on the 18th. Sunday 19th I intended to run but got too lazy instead. Then Monday 20th I headed out at 7am, as that was our last day in B&B and I wanted to get out, run, come back, shower, pack up and have breakfast at 9. My first few steps were not a run, nor even a job. Pain in every muscle in my legs led to some funny kid of tip toe gait. Must have looked interesting. Only went for 4 miles - it got better as I got into it a bit.

Then we came back - Tuesday was the last of the east lothian summer series, and the one I've done best in this year I think. That said I was over a minute slower than last year and I thought I was running badly then! Nice wee jaunt round John Muir, followed by a bbq. Very enjoyable. Managed to catch up with Sheila M for a wee bit - she's just back from Brazil and has run about 2 times in the past 5 weeks. Beginning to think training is over rated give her performance on Tuesday and Alison's on Thursday. It so doesn't seem to make a difference to other people if they stop for a while - I keep going and manage to go slower and slower. Things aren't shaping up well for the race on 2nd September. Shame and it's my fav 10km of the year (usually - not sure it will be this year though).

Thursday night - intervals - my second session out of the last 6 and boy it shows. we did 12x400m, each in 2min45 and extra 3mins after each set of 4. Managed to do them all but at particularly poor speed. At least my poor speed was consistent at 2mins per lap. Reading back in my blog did 1.51 or 1.52 for each towards the end of may. Excellent - not sure how but have added an extra 8 or 9 seconds. think there must be something in the air......

And today. Plan was to do 12. It was really windy and quite hot/sunny as well. Didn't manage so well on the first hill up towards top of Brunt hill, then down to Spott and headed over to 2nd Ford on way to Pitcox. Didn't do so well on the next hill either so decided to turn around and head home. Ran past some "thing" that was on in Spott, which had teas. that would have been a better way to spend the day. Anyway managed to watch a bit of athletics (ok so all 3.5 hours of it). Much easier watching than doing.....here's to easier running!


___________________________________________________________
Yahoo! Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer. Try it
now.
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?