Sunday, October 28, 2007

Aviemore & more......

I've only just recovered in order to write my piece. I don't think I'll do much on the running - the running really isn't up to much at the moment! Earlier on in the year I manager to get 3 pbs in the space of about 4 or 5 weeks and now I've managed to get too pw's in the space of 3 weeks. (to be fair I think Aviemore's official time was prob a pw, today at Jedburgh probably wasn't quite as bad but still my second worst ever.....). No clue why or what is causing it - just anything after about 4/5 miles in a race is feeling too far, and even that much feels a lot harder than it should. Resting heart rate fine, but once I start running it seems to rocket - higher than previously when running the same pace. Very odd.

Now I have been working on the motivational piece (well kind of) by seeing Mo Farah, then listening to Steve Cram chat for 40 minutes about his career and then having the pleasure of listening to Liz McColgan - on a different evening - also talking for about 40 minutes. All of them very inspirational - and really only a tad faster (ha ha ha) than me!

I hate this time of year - dark when you leave for work, dark when you get home. The only good thing is that it's not too hot to be craving macaroni cheese, mash tatties (sorry Stuart but mine are fab), veggie lasagne and all lovely comfort foods. Just need to make sure I figure out the best for fuelling these runs.

Anyway DRC did pretty well at our orienteering outing - think we came out top in one of the categories (although to be fair I think we were against kids in that one) and 4th in the harder one we did. Pretty enjoyable and we were quite good as well! Might need to take it up as a new sport.....


___________________________________________________________
Want ideas for reducing your carbon footprint? Visit Yahoo! For Good

http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/environment.html


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?