Saturday, May 10, 2008

guess i'd better....

we'll it's been a while and I'm getting a bit of stick about my lack of updates.  No wonder.  Haven't written anything 5th April!!!!  Well had another sort of wedding to plan so thats my main excuse.  And getting back into the work thing.  And that the weather has been a bit depressing until the past week or so where everything has got a bit warmer.......
so the running has been hard since returning from my honeymoon.  Not so sure what's happened but seem to have lost any small amount of ability I have.  I've struggled on and today managed to run 10 miles (running my usual ish speed rather than dragging my feet around) and it was warm.  Lovely run through John Muir and along the Tyne, along past Knowes and over old A1 up towards Biel Burn and round a loop to Beesknowe and down to Tynefield and back through John Muir.  Very warm & drank loads.  And even more when I got home.  Soooooo thirsty.  Glad I managed to get round in one and felt ok most of the way - big improvement on previous long runs!  Did 10 miles last Saturday too, but did 4 to pick up Sheila Kerr and then we went 6, but had a couple of walk breaks.  Including that hill in the field nearby me which gets me every time (well everytime apart from about 3).  Did a couple of 9 milers/9.5 milers previously too - some ok, some felt dead
hard.  Hopefully will be able to go up now to above 10 miles - mentally that would be a boost.
Key highlights so far in the past month - running wise - ran 6 mile loop last week marginally faster than I did in marathon training 2 years ago and felt good and that could have gone a bit faster.  Ran loop on Tuesday at club reasonably fast and kept it going for the full 5.5 miles.....(I think though not totally sure of the distance).   Ran some fast 300m and 200m in the last couple of interval sessions I've been to.  Have helped out a couple of times at JogScotland - it's good fun too, no pressure at all and you stretch your legs.  Orthotic thingys seem to be going ok - toe not quite so sore but still getting a bit of pain, generally after I run and not before. 
And then the party...it was fab.  Lots of booze.  And some food.  I had a great time - Nether Abbey in North Berwick.  Will definately be heading back there - we had a great night and the rooms were great too.  Some of the gang were there too and seemed to enjoy the booze and food stuffs.
Now I need to get the thank you cards organised and sent out to all - we are just about there with that. And the garden improvements are going well.  I'm picking the plants and Brian is planting them all.  that's my kind of gardening..........
So guess I'd really better start updating more often - only problem is prizing Brian off the computer as I'm sure he's now addicted to various different forums and websites (all fishing related and nothing dodgy - honest!)


__________________________________________________________
Sent from Yahoo! Mail.
A Smarter Email http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?